Preston came out showing off the set of lungs that he was given, and Travis & I enjoyed spending time with him as the operating team finished up with me. I was able to take Preston to recovery with me since he was doing so well, and we had some more quiet time. Over the next few days, we had lots of visitors: Grandpa & Gramme Cindy, Gramme & Granddad, Uncle Eddie & Aunt Emily, Aunt Jenn, Laura, Sara, Uncle Nathan, and so many others! Thanks to everyone that came to visit! Preston & I did have to stay one extra night in the hospital, compliments of my blood pressure that just did NOT want to cooperate. (After delivery at one point, it shot up to about 190/114 - scary stuff!) But my OB has been able to find a good combination of meds to help bring it down and hopefully it will regulate itself in the coming weeks and I'll be med-free again. (My BP was elevated with Tyler too, and it took several weeks after he was born for it to come down naturally, but it did.)
We're home now and trying to get used to having one more person in the house. Preston & I are working on nursing, and so far it's going pretty well. I did forget how challenging it was, and Travis gently reminds me when I get frustrated that it was like this with Tyler too. Speaking of Tyler, he is an amazing big brother and has been such a huge helper. He has handled the changes at home so well and we couldn't be more proud of him. He loves his baby brother so much and he's very excited to teach him all sorts of "big boy" things. We're so fortunate to have such a wonderful big boy. We're also fortunate to have Gramme & Granddad in
Richmond, as they have been a huge help with Tyler, and have let him have sleepovers with them so that he gets some quality one-on-one time, and Travis & I can get some rest when Preston rests.
Preston had his first pediatrician appointment on Friday and his weight was back up to 7 lbs. 13 oz. (He left the hospital at 7 lbs. 8 oz., which is a normal drop in birth weight.) He got the all clear from the doc and we don't go back for another checkup until he is one month old. And while this feels like a long time from now, I have a feeling it will all fly by. All in all, we're doing well and are excited about watching our newest addition grow. Our little family is complete now, and Travis & I couldn't be happier. We love these two little boys with all of our hearts and look forward to what's in store for them. And now some pics!


1 comment:
So Wonderful Heather! congrats on your beautiful family.
Post a Comment